This event will celebrate all things related to sharing, repairing, swapping and making! It’ll also be an opportunity to connect with others who share this passion, and promote local collaboration.
This free and family-friendly event aims to showcase a wide range of projects from Totnes that encourage a more resourceful, collaborative and sustainable lifestyle, as well as provide examples of sharing initiatives from all over the world.
Some the activities include:
- 'Pay What You Feel' Cafe by Food in Community;
- Childrens' Activities, including junk modelling, by Joli's and Plymouth Play Scrapstore;
- Totnes' Library of Things, the Share Shed;
- Repair Electronics hosted by The Restart Project, Borrow Don't Buy and an amazing team of fixers;
- Repair Textile hosted by our amazing team of menders;
- Reading of 'The Wonky Donkey' book with a peek behind the scenes of how he was born and came to life by Katz Cowley Illustration;
- Lino print cards workshop by Alpaca Print;
- Christmas jumper swap by Recycle Devon;
- The Story of 'Stone Soup' and talk on ‘Story of Sharing Cities’ by Stone Soup from Shareable;
- Talk on creative journalling and staying creatively engaged with life through drawing by Katz Cowley Illustration;
- Spoon carving workshops by Richard Francis;
- Various stalls including Caring Town Totnes, Totnes Library, Resource Futures, The Restore Dartington and Encounters;
- And much more!!!
This event is part of the #MakeSMTHNG week, which supports and promotes a movement of makers and alternatives to consumerism!
This event is organised by the Share Shed in collaboration with the Network of Wellbeing - NOW and Shareable, and will be one of over 50 ShareFests held around the world.
For further information and if you'd like to volunteer at the event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is this event so exciting?
A powerful movement is growing, and it is changing how and what we consume. This movement is wide and diverse, and it can often be referred to under the umbrella term of the sharing economy.
The sharing economy provides access to products, services and skills without relying on personal ownership. It is all about owning less and sharing more!
Market Square High Street
Totnes TQ9 5QH
Google map and directions